St. Martin of Tours - Valley City, Ohio

The History of St. Martin of Tours Valley City
1822 - 1900 - 2000

2000

Campaign began for a new, larger church.

Apr 1, 2001

Ground Breaking ceremony for new church.


 

New church allows seating for 900 and also has a prayer chapel.
In addition there is a large gathering area and other rooms.
Church artifacts were preserved from other Diocesan churches;
St. Mary Czestochowa - Stained rose window and side windows,
Nativity church - Stained glass windows in corridor to old church, 
St. Josephat church - Stations of the Cross.
St. Martin's original church continues use as "The Chapel."

Administration building has several offices and meeting rooms.
Social hall areas for large, medium & small groups, plus kitchen.
Total project cost over $5-million dollars.

Oct 3, 2002

Transfer Blessed Sacrament to the new church

Oct 5, 2002

1st Mass is celebrated in the new church

Nov 3, 2002

Dedication Mass celebrated by Bishop Anthony Pilla.